Digital art of DJ Alok’s Garena Free Fire character as he leads a rave.
JAKARTA, INDONESIA, 5 November, 2019: Garena Free Fire, the world’s most popular battle royale game, in partnership with Brazilian superstar Alok, one of the world’s top DJs, have joined hands with YCAB Foundation, a social enterprise in Indonesia, to launch the “Digital Future Ready Training Programme” in the country. The upskilling programme aims to prepare youth in the nation with the necessary skills and knowledge to capture the opportunities in the fast-growing digital economy.
The programme will consist of two flagship initiatives:
- “Train the Trainers”: This top-down approach will involve equipping educators with the relevant digital knowledge and skills – in areas such as coding and programming – to enable them to effectively transfer their new expertise to thousands of students across the nation via a multiplier effect. The initiative will take a holistic approach by arming them with both technical skills (including basic coding and programming) and soft skills (including creativity, critical thinking, and problem solving).
- “Create the Future”: A bottom-up approach where promising and keen students will be offered scholarships to further their digital skills and employability through a highly specialised coding bootcamp run by HACTIV8, one of Indonesia’s top workforce preparatory institutions in web development.
“Our one clear mission is to improve welfare in Indonesia through education and innovative financing,” said Susi Hermijanto, Chief Operating Officer of YCAB. “We are excited to be partnering with Garena to empower more youths in Indonesia for the long-term, by equipping them with the skills they need to thrive in the digital-first world.”
This programme was announced in São Paulo, Brazil, as part of Garena Free Fire’s global partnership with DJ Alok. Under the partnership, Garena and Alok will work together to create educational opportunities for underserved young people in Indonesia and across the world using part of the proceeds from the sale of Alok content.
YCAB Foundation is the partnership’s pilot global charity partner in Southeast Asia, specifically, Indonesia. In Brazil, funds will go towards Fraternidade sem Fronteiras, who runs the Vila Esperança initiative and other initiatives for youths in the country.
“As we continue to build up the gaming community, we want to concurrently give back – to ensure that our next generation of players receive the right educational opportunities,” said Harold Teo, Free Fire Producer at Garena.
Garena’s partnership is the latest in Sea’s “10 in 10 initiative” – the company’s commitment to equip at least 10 million people in Southeast Asia and Taiwan within the next 10 years with skills and training to succeed in the digital economy.
Indonesia at the Free Fire World Series 2019
Garena’s partnership with Alok tees up the Free Fire World Series 2019 finals, which is the largest official Free Fire esports tournament in the world. Dranix Esports will represent Indonesia after being crowned champions at the Free Fire Indonesia Masters on 13 October. They will now compete with 11 of the world’s top Free fire teams for the tournament title at Barra Olympic Park in Rio de Janeiro on 16 November.
As part of the partnership, Alok will also be performing an exclusive set at the Free Fire World Series 2019. He will also launch a new music video for his song Vale Vale, which will include the very best of Free Fire.
New Alok Game Content
“As a huge fan myself, I am truly delighted to be a part of the Free Fire universe,” said Alok. “I cannot be more excited to bring my music to the millions of players in the game and to further excite our fans.”
“Like music, gaming has ingrained itself into our social culture,” said Teo. “Our partnership with Alok allows us to unite our fan bases and their interests by creating new ways for them to enjoy Free Fire.”
By uniting the world’s most popular mobile battle royale game with one of the world’s most famous DJs, Garena Free Fire and DJ Alok’s team-up will allow fans of both gaming and music to enjoy the following:
- Playing as Alok himself: Alok’s in-game character, outfit, and iconic accessories will all be available for purchase. Alok will have an Area of Effect ability that will heal nearby teammates and allow them to run faster.
- Enjoying Alok’s in-game performance in-game: Before the start of each game, Alok will be performing Vale Vale in the pre-match holding area.
- Emoting with Alok’s signature dance move: Alok’s iconic dance move in Vale Vale will be available as an in-game emote.
Free Fire has become a massive hit on a global scale with more than 450 million registered users and over 50 million peak daily users as of May 2019. According to App Annie, it was the most downloaded battle royale game globally across the Google Play and iOS App stores combined in Q2 2019.
To find out more about the Free Fire World Series 2019, please visit https://worldseries.ff.garena.com.
Free Fire can be downloaded on:
- Apple iOS App Store:
- Google Play Store: