YCAB Foundation is looking for a summer fellow who will work in Jakarta, Indonesia for 4-6 weeks (time frame is negotiable). The fellow will work in one of two possible positions:
- RESEARCH FELLOW – conducting a research project to evaluate the impact of one of YCAB’s program in education and (or) entrepreneurship program which served underprivileged young people in Indonesia;
- DEVELOPMENT FELLOW – developing business and innovation strategy of the program (including curriculum development, program development, new partnership and communication strategy).
The fellow will work closely with the Program Manager and report directly to the top executives of the organization. This opportunity is open for both undergraduate and graduate student at Columbia University. The ideal candidate for this position must be detail driven, self motivated, and passionate about the work of social enterprises or non-profit organizations in the area of education and youth development. The selected fellow will be responsible to cover the round trip flight to and from Jakarta. YCAB will provide accommodation and a small stipend to cover meals.
- Current undergraduate (juniors/seniors) or graduate student at a reputable university;
- Demonstrated interest and commitment to an understanding of education, youth development, social enterprise, or similar social justice organizations;
- Ability to work independently and demonstrate creativity and innovation;
- Candidates for the Research Fellows must have a strong background in quantitative/mixed-method research, preferably with experience of conducting similar research projects;
- Candidates for the Development Fellow must have experience in business planning, financial modeling, and/or program/curriculum development;
- Fluent in English, bonus points for those interested in Indonesia;
- Willingness to write two blog posts during and after fellowship for CUPID.
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your cover letter, please address your general interests, preferred time frame, and which fellow position you are interested in. Please support your preferences with detailed information about your background and qualifications. If you are interested and qualified for both positions, please address your rank of preferences.
ABOUT YCAB FOUNDATION
YCAB Foundation is a leading and awards winning social enterprise in Indonesia which focused its works on education, youth development, women empowerment, and economic empowerment, for underprivileged communities in Indonesia and beyond. Since founded in 1999, to date, YCAB has impacted lives of over 2,5 million people. YCAB is the abbreviation for the organization’s full name in the Indonesian language, Yayasan Cinta Anak Bangsa, which translates to “Loving The Nation’s Children Foundation“. To date, YCAB’s programmes have impacted the lives of over two million people and by the year 2015, YCAB aims to transform the lives of a total five million people. YCAB Foundation runs the program under three pillars:
- Healthy Lifestyle Promotion (HeLP) – It focuses on addressing risky behavior by incorporating life skill training, life counselling, training of trainers, peer-to peer outreach (Ripple Program), and mass campaign.
- House of Learning Development (HoLD) – It focuses on making education available to school dropout and underprivileged children. HoLD provides basic education, digital inclusion, and english literacy classes.
- Hands-on Operation for Entrepreneurship (HOpE) – It focuses on improving people’s quality of life and access to employment, particularly for the graduates of HoLD program by providing seed capital for selected Vocational Training graduates to start small business. Currently, YCAB has five vocational trainings: hair & beauty, motorcycle mechanic, hospitality, electronic, and sewing. Under this pillar, YCAB also provides microloans to low-income women entrepreneurs through YCAB cooperative.
For more information about YCAB and its mission, click here.